You can select other category from our favourite iPhone Native Application below
Under App: Productivity
Have you ever been waiting for someone and wondered if they were close by or how long it’d be till they arrived? JoinMe allows you to track the person you’re waiting for in real time, see how far they are and how fast they’re walking/running/driving to meet you. Just send them a JoinMe request!
How does it work?
- Select the email of the person you’re waiting for from your address book and send them an invitation to connect.
- They will recevie a notification by email and in the JoinMe app if it’s open and can accept or refuse your request.
- You will be able to share information about distance from each other and speed of each moving person.
JoinMe is intended to be simple and respectful of your privacy: you can only track one person at a time, no information of where your friends where last sunday and most of all, the invited person has to always accept all requests.
Now the new stuff:
1. A Big Map – You can locate yourself and your friend on a map. and a button allows you to re-center the map. A very handy functionnality that I have seen nowhere else! (Google Maps excluded of course)
2. A Recent list of all invitees – Each person you invite is added automatically to a list for a quick access the next time. This list can be sorted according to your preferences.
3. A direct access to the contact you are tracking. – A tap on the photo allows you to resend the invite or to access directly to his/her information, in order to easily call, email or simply look a their address
Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
Nov 12, 2009